On the 5th Day of Christmas…
Christmas Jewelry Component Templates from Judy Larson
Our good friend Judy Larson shared her Twelve Days of Christmas Jewelry Templates and Tutorials with us a few weeks ago and say” feel free to share them with everyone!” – So in the spirit of Christmas and sharing, I wanted to do just that, but I especially want to send out a a special “Thanks” to Judy for sharing such great tutorials with us!
I hope that you enjoy!
The step by step tutorials in this series were written assuming that you have some jewelry making experience and follow all safety precautions. The tutorials do not show basic jewelry making skills or how to solder, rivet or use resin. Check online for videos and tutorials. There are great DVD sets on these subjects on WireJewelry.com
The 6″ sheet metal square used in this series is composed of three 2″x6″ sections completely filled with jewelry component templates. Twelve jewelry sets or pieces can be made with this template by adding just a few short pieces of pipe, some and jewelry findings and 18 and 20 gauge round wire. Let your imagination run wild!
The jewelry component templates in the left section will make three sets of earrings with matching pendants as well as a charm for a bracelet. The directions for the byzantine chain are not included.
- Copy the templates.
- Transfer the designs to your sheet metal.
- Cut the designs out.
- File any sharp edges.
- Large jump ring (shown) or decorative bail
Tools and Other Supplies:
- Tools for your preferred method of cutting out sheet metal shapes
- File Jewelers glue
- Ultra fine point permanent marker
- #0000 steel wool
- Copy the three heart templates.
- Cut the hearts out using your preferred method for cutting sheet metal.
- The metal pieces will no longer be flat after texturing. Place each piece on a bench block and use a rubber or plastic mallet to flatten them.
- Place the bead caps on the bench block. Slightly flatten them using a rubber or plastic mallet.
- Rivet the bead caps in place.